About Me

My photo
Hi Im Ashley! Im currently an ASU student about to enter the world of Teaching! With graduation and summer nearing, this could get pretty crazy! :P

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sea World.. and AEPA results!

Yesterday my family and I went on a day trip to Sea World for Jake's birthday. We have always been lucky to fly for free so it allows us to do some pretty fun things! Not only did we fly to SD but also got into Sea World free.. lets just say Southwest is pretty good to their employees!! Anyways, it was a great day with the fam filled with lots of laughter! Even though sometimes my family drives me crazy and Jake swears we should be a reality TV show haha.. I love spending time with them. Here is how our day went :]

We started our day with feeding the dolphins! It was awesome being so close to these BIG FISH haha. I was scared of course.. but I never let my fears stop me from missing out on awesome things! (FYI I have a huge fear of fish.. and this was a pretty big fish! haha!) I even touched it!! :D


Then as we were walking to the SLL (Sea Lions Live show) we noticed a huge tank.. so we thought we would check it out! It was the Killer Whales from the show Believe! After seeing the show I know these whales are incredibly smart. But I enjoyed watching them swim freely more than the show. They are amazing creatures.. in this picture the whales were teasing the birds. They were spitting out fish to the birds but the birds couldn't get the fish. It was great!!




Here is a picture from the show Believe. It was inspiring.. they talked about in life you can do anything you want. They pulled up a little girl from the audience and she got to see the whales.

Next was lunch. Whats so exciting about lunch? Well when you have a little friend like this just hanging out by your feet it can get interesting :] Jake said " Hey Ash, theres a bird under your chair" WELL I was expecting a tiny cute bird, but when I saw this huge DUCK I screamed! No body knows what my scream is like but my family, but I lets just say I got everyone in that areas attention. lol. (my brother scares me at home probably 3 times a week. I freeze and scream as loud as I can, then burst into laughter! haha.)


After all the exhibits were done we went on a whole new adventure, the rides! haha. My dad and brother had to talk my mom and I into doing them. They went first and swore they didn't even get wet! WELL with that said, it was a lie! We went on the Rapid River ride first, and we were soaked! We decided since we were already wet we would ride it again.. and then go on the Alantis ride. By the time we went on both rides twice.. we looked like we just came out of the shower with all our clothes on. We attempted to dry ourselves in these nifty little dryer thingys, but that only kept us warm for a little while. From 3pm- 9pm we were in SOAKED clothes. Nope they didnt dry at all really.. it was awful! Being in a plane ride with wet clothes was the worst. When we got home I was never so thankful for dry clothes in my life.
SEA WORLD was a great trip! I can't wait to go again and someday take my own family. I think thats a place you can go and never get tired of. (keep in mind we went on a Monday and it was a cloudy day. Id probably not think it was the best if there were tons of lines and what not!)



PS: I passed both parts of the AEPA!!
I can now be a certified teacher :]
Whoooop WHoop!!!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun vacation!! And I don't blame you for screaming about the duck, I dunno if you saw my post about the peacock!! LOL

    Congrats on passing your exams! Your blog is looking great

    ReplyDelete